Dayton is conveniently located approximately 29 miles east from George Bush Intercontinental Airport and 40 miles northeast of Hobby Airport.
Liberty Municipal Airport is located miles east of Dayton, with a 3800 by 75 foot hard surface runway that is equipped with lights, instrument approaches, hangar rental and 24 hour self serve AV gas.
Bus & Port
- Brazos Transit Authority
Regional service through the Port of Houston (approximately 30 miles), the Port of Beaumont and Port of Orange (approximately 55 miles), the Green Barge Terminal, within Liberty County Foreign Trade Zone (approximately 25 miles).
Major 4+ Lane Highways
- Interstate H 10 (east – west) via Highway 146 South – 15.6 miles
- U.S. 59 (north – south) via FM 1960 West – 23.6 miles
- U.S. 90 (east – west) through Dayton
4 Lane State Highways
- Highway 146 (north – south) load limit: 80,000
- Highway 321 (north – south) load limit: 80,000
FM (Farm to Harket) Roads
- FM 1960 (east – west) load limit: 80,000
- FM 563 (north – south) load limit: 54,800
- FM 1409 (north – south) load limit: 54,800
Union Pacific, Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railroad have main service through the Dayton area, resulting in an excellent location for east to west transport. In Dayton lies the Gulf Inland Logistics Park, which has a Foreign Trade Zone designation, is operated by CMC Industries with a 7000 plus rail car storage capacity and dual served by Union Pacific and BNSF.